Wednesday 2 January 2013

Watermask in progress

This screenshot shows Jersey with the upper east quadrant watermask and coastline completed.

I've excluded all water masking from all four QMID 11 areas that cover the island.  Then I have put in a DEM bgl that was kind enough to have been gifted to me to create the underlying terrain more correctly.  I have placed land accurately using the Google Earth kml file I created earlier, and overlaid on that is the photoscenery test.

The one corner completed looks pretty good - there are some minor terrain issues which I will need to apply some sloped flattens to correct, but in the absence of a much more detailed DEM I'm not displeased with it!

The North-Eastern corner of Jersey with the first part of the watermasking complete.
Bear in mind this is a work in progress.  The terrain is intended to be tweaked and the photoscenery (currently at 1m/pixel) will hopefully be 30cm/pixel. 

No comments: