Thursday 30 April 2015

Jersey Update

I've purchased the UK2000 version of EGJJ Jersey airport to see how it fits with my island.  There were some terrain problems with some cliffs visible, especially at the end of runway 08 when used with my custom mesh.  The default mesh looks rather flat and horrible when used with the terrain blend provided by the UK2000 team.  Even the blend provided for us with the Pilot's mesh doesn't bear any real resemblance to reality.

So, I decided to mod the terrain to make it better.

This is how it looks with just my mesh and the UK2000 airport..

This is how it look on a real life approach..

This is how it looks now after my modifications...there are a few more tweaks required but overall its much much better I think.

 
Here's a video of it in sim...   https://youtu.be/S2ZHKTvrEaI

3 comments:

Nick said...

It's all gone very quiet here ?

Kevin Firth said...

Maybe a little quiet, thats what working full time with a two year old does to you!! :p A couple of people are chipping in with 3D models, the water masks have progressed a bit, not as much as Id like but paying bills and spending time with my family comes first sorry! I'll try to post some news soon... K

Anonymous said...

Will your Jersy project (..that looks amazing btw) ever be public? I am about to get Alderney and Guernsey from ES so a stop over at a photoreal Jersey would be a dream especially with the UK2000 Airport.

Mike