Wednesday 12 October 2011

Custom ground vehicles

I've marvelled at Gary Summons' Xtreme products where he has custom vehicles operating independently of normal FSX road traffic.  I'd love to be able to recreate this but have no idea how!
Until I came across an old utility and I wondered whether it would be able to do the trick?

It's called AI boat traffic compiler - it allows you to create custom AI boat traffic and schedules, which at it's core is just a custom model, following a predefined path, at pre-determined times.  Could this utility be used to create what would be AI boat traffic on land, if you just use a vehicle model?  I am going to investigate......

UPDATE: Gary has got back to me to say his custom vehicles are done through SCASM coding, which looks quite complicated but I'm looking into it to see if I could get my head around it at all.....

No comments: