Tuesday 11 October 2011

Borrowing Scenery from Earth Simulations

I have been in contact with Earth-Simulations, the developers who have done the Channel Islands, Isles of Scilly, and Shawbury Fields.  Since I bought some of their sceneries I have realised that all of the scenery bgl's are openable in Instant Scenery 2!
Darren has very very kindly agreed to let me use their existing scenery libraries in creating my own freeware scenery.  The up-side to this is that I can use their models to more quickly create an alternative to the flat photo-scenery FSX world.  The down-side is that my scenery will only be usable by people who have bought at least one product from Earth Simulations.

I've thought about this offer for a day or so and have come to a conclusion: that I will take up Darren's offer and use his libraries for the following reasons:
a) If I am to create scenery I need to do it as quickly as possible - my wife understandably wants some of my attention too!
b) I already have the libraries having bought some ES products so whatever I create I can use myself quite happily (and from my perspective I'm the most important simmer of all :p)
c) Darren has already invested a degree of time in creating his libraries - for people to expect to get all that work for nothing is downright cheeky.
d) If they really want my creations (and I'm not sure that will be the case!) they can buy something from ES, and the ES sceneries are really lovely :)

Where it's appropriate because the scenery demands it, I'll do my own custom models as well as using ES libraries, so it will be a mixture of stuff - doing it this way will save me lots of time and effort in not having to create every building.

Thanks Darren, and also for your kind offer to host anything I create and have it delivered to people via your ES-Installer software....

No comments: