Thursday 10 March 2011

Texture issues

I've retested the higher resolution clipped textures several times in flight and several things are becoming clear.

1. The frame rates I've been getting after a reboot are very good and still between 30 and 40fps consistently.  When FSX is run after I've done some modelling or image work the performance is much lower.

2. The water texture problem has only cropped up again once and I suspect that that is a memory issue, as it happens when the blue squares of death appear as well.

3. The strange problem of the night textures popping up in the middle of the day has occurred several times, but not consistently im the same place, or to the same extent.  Also, it self-corrects after a while, showing black night textures then updating them to the proper day textures.  I can only assume this is some kind of memory/video issue with the textures, unless someone can point me in the direction of a better answer??

I'm testing some smaller scale base images to see whether they have the same effects, but in the meantime I'd be grateful to hear about anyone elses experiences with those published before.

No comments: