Thursday 17 March 2011

Spindus Road...more...

I'm learning more and more how to use Sketchup in designing buildings.  Most of the ones I've done so far have been boxy industrial units and I'm a dab hand at applying textures to faces now.  Some of the buildings in Spindus Road though are needing additional detail.  Take this unit for example below - it has curved roof elements, an extruded cylindrical curved pipe on the roof and a silo.

















This gradual increase in complexity is allowing me to learn how to use Sketchup in depth - the only downside is having to make decisions about which detail to keep and which is best avoided in the interests of better frame rates.  My perfectionist side says model it in as much detail as possible, my better nature says FSX is a flight sim not a building sim!

No comments: