Tuesday 22 March 2011

High res base v1 published


I've been working nominally only in the day when designing stuff so far, so when one bit of feedback was my higher res photoscenery looked a bit wierd in the dark I investigated....















Yes, I think we can say this is not quite right!

So, I've updated the photoscenery that everything I've worked on so far is placed within.  It is now fully aligned to the Horizon GenX photoscenery and includes a basic night texture so it doesn't look so wrong.  The night texture will be updated at some later point to get the colour-mapping fully matching GenX at night and to include streetlighting effects where appropriate, as obviously this scenery overwrites the default or GenX night textures - consider it a local brownout for now ;)

Screenshots of the photoscenery during the day and night are below....

2 comments:

Chris Maltby said...

Hi Kevin, looks great. Don't know if you've seen this, but it could help you with your night textures
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21915&highlight=night+textures

Kevin Firth said...

Thanks Chris, I'm prety good with Photoshop and this is pretty much how I planned to do it, although I was going to use a 200pt exclusion brush with 25% opacity instead...Same effect really at the end fo the day though!