Tuesday 22 February 2011

First scenery with detailed home-made textures

Haven't been able to get the imagery for the Owen Drive industrial estate today - it was too late after work and the light was fading, so that will have to wait until tomorrow.  I did however do the 3d models for the other 4 units in this patch, which are correctly sized from Google maps.  These types of industrial buildings can be knocked up in literally seconds, so maybe there's hope I can get on quicker than I thought with this.  However, I know the image manipulation for the textures is what's going to take the time as I want them as good as can reasonably get them.


-----------------------------------------------------
I've also looked and realised there will be a couple of areas I'll need to add to the plan.  There are 4 buildings comprising Estuary Science Park that are being built and also a new garden centre next to the Holiday Inn Express.  Neither of those are included in my list so far.

Next >> Thoughts on Speke Village

No comments: